FTDOTC: Chapter Four Review

A forum for official league bizniz.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

FTDOTC: Chapter Four Review

Postby Commish » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Chapter Four Review

I found it difficult to come up with a Story #4, since not much happened trade-wise or standings-wise. So this one is briefer than the usual.
Mike S./Rocks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: FTDOTC: Chapter Four Review

Postby Mike S./Rocks » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:15 pm

I agree that that Target Field's food choices are lousy!
Mustangs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Mustangs » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:23 pm

For the next hour or so, we then played the hilariously fun game called "Did This Guy Ever Play for You?" Incredibly enough, it seems we remember very little about our own franchises through the years.

HEY! I got like 90% of mine right!
Charlotte Mustangs - Patience shall be rewarded. (hopefully)
Jamboree
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Jamboree » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Mike S./Rocks wrote:I agree that that Target Field's food choices are lousy!

I disagree that the beer choices were lousy though! I don't think Glander found the Minny-craft beer fridges dispersed all throughout the ballpark.
Mustangs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Mustangs » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:26 pm

And I'm pretty sure watching that stupid bear (or gopher as I believe he is) hit mammoth softball HRs was probably the best on the field highlight of the weekend..... followed by a close #2 of watching the grounds crew try to get the tarp over the last 10% of the infield during Friday night's second rain delay.
Nick_Cifrese
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Nick_Cifrese » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:30 pm

cowtippers wrote:Aside from cheese curds, there was no local "specialty food" of note.

Cheese curds is a Wisconsin thing, not Minnesota. You East Coast people think we're all the same here in flyover country. :lol:
Peaks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Peaks » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:32 pm

The food was by and far away the worst I've experienced across about 20 MLB stadiums. Hell, the Spring Training food is better.

And the dude jacking upper deck taters while wear a full f'in bear costume is now my spirit animal. Orbit is still the best mascot in the Bigs, but that bear (yes, it was a bear) was freaky with the softball bat.
Nick_Cifrese
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Nick_Cifrese » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Hey Matt - Can you post the trivia questions to the board? It'd be fun for those of us who weren't there to see them. Thanks!
Mustangs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Mustangs » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Apparently we sucked at finding food at the park over two nights....

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/ml ... ood-snacks

This guy ranked it 2nd in the league! I was going to get a sausage instead of a hot dog on Saturday night but nobody was selling the sausages where I was looking despite an usher giving me poor directions. Next year I'm researching the food before we go!

2. Minnesota Twins: Target Field
Best item: Indurrito (Hot Spice, Section 120)
The safe (and obviously still delicious) choice would be ordering a sausage from one of Kramarczuk's many outposts around the park. Instead, be adventurous and try the "Indian burrito" from Hot Indian Foods, one of the Twin Cities' premier food trucks and purveyor of eclectic Indian dishes. Plus, in Minnesota it's basically only summer for most of July and half of August. So you could use a little spice out in those bleachers when it's snowing in April, June, and September. Overall, the Twinkies are so highly regarded on this list because they not only excel at traditional baseball fare -- and pack a roster full of local favorites -- they also aren't afraid to push the boundaries of what excellent ballpark food can be. Consider the vegan Sriracha brat from The Herbivorous Butcher. Or, the Korean-style "Sloppy Ko" from Andrew Zimmern's Canteen. And of course, the aforementioned Indurrito. You'd be hard pressed to find options as varied, diverse -- and most importantly good -- anywhere in Minnesota, let alone at a sports stadium.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Even the hot dogs were awful. How do you screw up a hotdog? Undercooked, no onions anywhere to be found, and only yellow mustard (or, god forbid, ketchup) available as condiments.
Jamboree
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Jamboree » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:23 pm

cowtippers wrote:Even the hot dogs were awful. How do you screw up a hotdog? Undercooked, no onions anywhere to be found, and only yellow mustard (or, god forbid, ketchup) available as condiments.

Agreed. Burgers were gross, my tacos literally disintegrated in my hand and I didn’t even finish my chips and guacamole. My 12:30am hot dog was cold and hard (a la 7-11).
skizm
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby skizm » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:16 pm

If I'd known in advance the best food was in these hidden nooks and crannies like video game treasures, I'd have done some research.

While I'm there, forget it. I'm so blind and can barely stand looking at my phone. I mostly just walked around trying not to fall, spill or hit anyone.
Mike S./Rocks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Mike S./Rocks » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 pm

BTW, Johan Santana bobbleheads going for up to $29.99 on ebay.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 pm

I guess i sold low at $10. I have no regrets.
JohnnyBo
All-Star
All-Star

Postby JohnnyBo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Story #4

At the time of trade I was trailing South Loop by 1 or 2 games, then proceeded to lose eight straight. Wasn't allowed to flip Votto due to VORP restrictions.
Battling Maxo says, "I'll be back!"

Return to “League Announcements”