Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

2018 Postseason Awards

Postby Commish » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:08 am

Voting is now open.

One man's ballot:

OL MVP:

1. Charlie Blackmon, JOP. I don't know what it is about this franchise, but they consistently get the most ridiculous seasons ever out of their players (Steven Pearce, Robbie Cano, Jack Cust, etc.) Blackmon is only the latest in a long tradition of ridiculousness.

2. Eric Hosmer, KCB. He and Ozuna carried KCB on their backs all season.

3. Aaron Judge, FLG. The most valuable of all the MVP's on Flagstaff.

OL CY:

1. Chris Sale, FLG. Finished among the top-3 in BA, OBP, and SLG against. #5 in ERA, #1 in K's. #1 in innings. And, oh yeah, #1 in wins.

2. Stephen Strasburg, SAL. I know I'm biased, but he had a phenomenal year. #1 in ERA, Top-2 in BA, OBP, and SLG. He didn't have Greinke's defense behind him, so he finished with fewer wins.

3. Zack Greinke, FLG. Compare his numbers to Verlander's and they're nearly identical. Big differences are ERA (helped by Greinke's defense), slightly fewer baserunners allowed by Greinke, slightly more K's for Verlander.

OL BR:

1. Aaron Judge, FLG. It's between him and Blackmon. Judge hit more HR in 65 fewer AB, drove in more runs, and got on base at a much higher rate.

2. Charlie Blackmon, JOP. Whatever.

3. Eric Hosmer, KCB. Phenomenal year.

OL GMOY:

1. Jim Doyle, JOP. It seemed like a bad move when Big Jim spent so much money on Blackmon in the auction, but look how it worked out. It seemed like a bad move when he signed a good catcher in Suzuki, and then traded him for Posey, but look how that worked out. He made only one trade last winter, and it was to acquire Justin Verlander. In terms of going "all-in", you couldn't do much better.

2. Greg Newgard, FLG. The winter trades for Sale and Parker put this team over the top.

3. Johnny Bo, LVF. Traded for Joey Votto midseason without giving up much in return. Picked up Peter Alonso and Joey Luchessi in the farm draft.

OL MOY:

1. Scot Zook, KCB. Went 2-14 vs. Flagstaff; 93-51 (.646) against everyone else. Winning record against all opponents except FLG and LAU. 30 wins in one-run games (second only to FLG.)

2. Bart Chinn, SLF. Brilliant bullpen management picked up the slack for a weak starting rotation. Largest Pythag. difference in the league.

3. Johnny Bo, LVF. Managed to win 83 games despite allowing nearly as many runs as the 115-loss Buffaloes! 11 come-from-behind wins, 8 extra-inning wins.

EL MVP:

1. Giancarlo Stanton, GLS. A season for the ages. One of the best of all time.

2. Jose Altuve, CLT. Led the league in AVG, hits (231), #2 in OBP, RC.

3. Corey Dickerson, CLT. Two MVP's from the same team? Why not. Led the league in 2B (60!), top-5 in BA, OBP, SLG, hits, RBI's, RC.

EL CY:

1. Robbie Ray, AKR. Top-3 in ERA, BA, OBP, SLG. Top-6 in wins, K's.

2. Corey Kluber, KAN. Top-4 in BA, OBP, SLG. #5 in ERA. #1 in K's (331). #3 in IP. 20-game winner (FWIW).

3. Chad Green, STL. Maybe the best pitcher in the EL, inning-for-inning. Why do we reward pitchers with 75 IP if they pitch solely out of the bullpen, but not if they're used as starters?

EL BR:

1. Giancarlo Stanton, GLS. 'Nuff said.

2. Corey Dickerson, CLT. See above.

3. Mike Trout, BKS. Incredible numbers in a smaller-than-usual sample. Led the league in RC/27.

EL GMOY:

1. Mike Stein, CLE. In a rebuilding year, acquired Nick Senzel, Gleyber Torres, Jake Bauers, Danny Jansen, and Trevor Story via trade. Also picked up Luke Voit, Edwin Jackson, Clay Buchholz, and Christian Villanueva as free agents.

2. Chris Luhning, KAN. Added Royce Lewis, Cal Quantrill, Jon Duplantier, Casey Mize, and Jesus Luzardo for three players who will be free agents by the end of 2019. Picked up Max Muncy, Brad Keller, and Lou Trivino at the midseason farm draft.

3. Bob Sylvester, Sr., SCA. Another rebuilding year with pickups of Nomar Mazara, Michael Chavis, Rhys Hoskins, Luis Urias, VictorVictor MesaMesa, Jalen Beeks, and Starling Marte.

EL MOY:

1. Scott Romonosky, GLS. Once again, I just don't get it. I don't get how the Sphinx win so many games every year. Gotta give credit where it's due.

2. Bobby Sylvester, Jr., STL. Brilliant roster management throughout the year. Won the division (and championship) despite some ridiculously bad performances from deGrom and others.

3. Tony Badger, BKS. 13 come-from-behind victories, 29 one-run wins, and a winning record against every opponent except GLS and STL.
Freedom GM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2018 Postseason Awards

Postby Freedom GM » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 am

I voted Posey for MVP, Springer #2 (Vg Def at CF), Sale 3---should be a close race between about 5 guys

Lunning and Stein were beastly GMs this year

I voted Badger for MOY---Scott did an awesome job with Great Lakes, but won 12 fewer games with a better roster than Buckingham IMO. Akron deserves some serious love too with 85 wins.
Mike S./Rocks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Mike S./Rocks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks for the kudos. Would be funny to win an award with my worst team ever.

Would vote myself third for MOY just for playing h2h mostly all year. But $7.6 mil in overusage penalties drops me to fourth.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:45 pm

*BUMP*

Only 16 teams have voted so far.

Return to “League Announcements”