2019 Ballparks

A forum for official league bizniz.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Ballparks

Postby Commish » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Damn. Now you made me feel guilty about having my roof. You've convinced me. MR. NEWGARD, TEAR DOWN THAT ROOF!
Peaks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Peaks » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm

cowtippers wrote:I have always had a retractable dome because I want the randomness of wind strength and direction, but don't want the randomness of rain delays. Simple as that!

In my very first playoff series ever, I lost my starting pitcher (who happened to be the Cy Young winner that year) in a crucial win-or-die game -- despite the fact that injuries were off. We played at Marazita's stadium, which had no dome. Maddux's arm seized up after a rain delay in the second inning. Never again if I can avoid it!

Yep, and what is the tables had turned and it was Marazita's pitcher who had been forced out of a game instead of yours? That's good randomness then?
Peaks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Peaks » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 pm

cowtippers wrote:Damn. Now you made me feel guilty about having my roof. You've convinced me. MR. NEWGARD, TEAR DOWN THAT ROOF!

You do you. I'm not trying to guilt people. We have a unique universe here and we can shape it how we want. It's just interesting how we clutch to the realism pearls in some places and then insist on taking them out in others and essentially have two different universes for the playoffs and the regular season.
Black Sox
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Black Sox » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 pm

cowtippers wrote:I have always had a retractable dome because I want the randomness of wind strength and direction, but don't want the randomness of rain delays. Simple as that!

+1. This is why I prefer a retractable roof. I've been to enough bad weather games at Wrigley where I wish they had a retractable roof. And I am not just talking rain. I am talking wind, rain, snow and cold.
Where there is a Gill, there is a way
Peaks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Peaks » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:10 pm

OK, I've done my best entering all parks, including all the changes, weather, etc.. I think I've also got the roofs right for those that changed. I've sent this all off to Mike.
Black Sox
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Black Sox » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Hey Greg,

I want to make sure my stadium is still retractible roof even though Nationals Park does not have one. White Sox Park doesn't have one, but I added it anyway.

Thanks
Where there is a Gill, there is a way
Peaks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Peaks » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Check the disk. If it isn’t on there correct, ask Mike to change it. He has the master disk and I can’t make changes on my end anymore.
Mustangs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Mustangs » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:30 pm

What's the deadline for submitting new ballpark images?
Charlotte Mustangs - Patience shall be rewarded. (hopefully)

Return to “League Announcements”