Flagstaff announces that 2019 Season will be its last

A forum for official league bizniz.
Ryche
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Flagstaff announces that 2019 Season will be its last

Postby Ryche » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:14 am

It's a very sad day for the league. So sorry to see you go. Best of luck to you and your family. You will be greatly missed. Hopefully, you'll drop in on us occasionally.
Freedom GM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Freedom GM » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:41 am

From a personal standpoint, I hate seeing this and can't say it any better than many of you have been able to. Greg is just the man! Always a blast to talk trade with and he obviously contributed a ton to the organization of the league, the community of it and from a competition standpoint. We will miss you Greg--a ton! But, I'm also happy for you that you are able to make this decision and enjoy family. I hope to hear that your son's health continues to improve. We love you, Greg!
Peaks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Peaks » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:04 pm

I'd like to thank everyone who has spoken up, either in private or here in the post. It means a lot to me to know that everyone wishes me and my family the best and that everyone thought they way that they did. I guess I could have taken some of that for granted, but I appreciate the sentiments nonetheless.

A few people have stepped about about tasks (Ian for VORP and Stein for ballparks), so I'll work with them to try and get things set up for them in the offseason.
Mustangs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Mustangs » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:56 pm

Thank you Greg for everything you have provided this league and it's members. From making Glander look like he actually does something as commissioner to getting a BDBL 20 jersey made to being a great guy to talk to on the forum, during games and at BDBL weekend. Thank you for keeping us informed about your son and the situation, I hope we provided a bit of support and encouragement and whatever else you may have needed throughout all of this and remember if you ever need more of that we'll always be here for you (until Glander wins a championship and folds the league of course). So please don't be a stranger. I wish you and your family the best and I hope you'll consider coming back to the league in due time cause I'm sure you'll always be #1 on Glander's (and all of our) list if a new owner is needed.
Charlotte Mustangs - Patience shall be rewarded. (hopefully)
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:53 pm

For the record, if Greg decides to come back, I will give him the Cowtippers and step down myself.
Peaks
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Peaks » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:26 am

cowtippers wrote:For the record, if Greg decides to come back, I will give him the Cowtippers and step down myself.

Don't you dare saddle me with that franchise!
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:39 am

:lol:
LeeScholtz
All-Star
All-Star

Postby LeeScholtz » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:06 pm

While I never met Greg or got to know him very well, I feel for his position and I know how difficult this must be for him to come to this decision. Greg, I wish the best for you and your family.

If you ever need any advice or have any questions, I can offer the services of my future wife, who is a Neurologist in the Intensive Care Unit at Columbia in NYC.

Lee
"8 and 16.... how'd we ever win 8, its a mircale." - Joe "Skip" Riggins

Return to “League Announcements”