Auction Site LIVE

A forum for official league bizniz.
Mustangs
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Auction Site Test is LIVE

Postby Mustangs » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Tony one thing about that formula, remember you can subtract one from the players needed for the player that's being bid on. So if you need 5 players and have $1.4M , your max bid is $1M.
Charlotte Mustangs - Patience shall be rewarded. (hopefully)
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Badger wrote:The trick is when you are on a player page for someone you haven't bid for yet, it has to consider that player as one you would have a winning bid on.

Tony, doesn't this cover that?
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:03 pm

Ah, I see what you might have meant. The current player also counts if you aren't the winning bid, regardless if you have bid for them or not before. Made a tweak and sending it up shortly.
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Auction Site Test CLOSED

Postby Badger » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:03 am

Ok, I need to shut down the testing now as I prep for the auction. I'm use the database to determine the Top 50, so I am going to move all Auction Lots to not show up, do my work, and once the list is confirmed with Mike the site will be ready.
Mustangs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Mustangs » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Quick question.... Does the system also send you an email/text at 10pm est when you've won the bidding on a player?
Charlotte Mustangs - Patience shall be rewarded. (hopefully)
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:54 pm

No it does not. I might be able to throw that together since it would not be part of the site but a separate little web job, but no promises.
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Auction Site Test LAST CALL

Postby Badger » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:55 am

Ok, I've loaded up all the players needed counts and salary cap space available, plus the official list of 50 free agents to be auctioned. You can find your team's status at https://bdbl-dday.azurewebsites.net/Home/Report. Available players are at https://bdbl-dday.azurewebsites.net/Home/Browse.

The logic is ready to go minus the 10PM ET "you won/you lost" message which I may or may not get to. Leaning toward won't get to: don't think I'll have the time.

If anyone has not successfully tested the site, there are a few days left and I strongly encourage you to do so. I do know a few who did not make any bids before I reset it to prep for the auction. You can go ahead and use the system, and I'll cancel all bids New Years Eve. I'll even go ahead and outbid you if you want to test alerts. Because of this extra testing period, any bids made before New Years Eve will be cancelled. The auction does not start until Jan 1.

One thing to remember about the text/email alerts: it's not guaranteed to work because, well, Internet. I know of one owner who did not receive any e-mails despite the system I use confirming that they were sent, received by his e-mail provider, and marked "Delivered". So please keep that in mind: it's your responsibility to check the system to see if you are still the winning bid.

If anyone runs into issues with performance, let me know. I'm trying to thread the needle of it working well without much/any cost. I use credits to run the site, but they aren't unlimited. Once the auction is over, I will mothball the site for next year.

Any last questions 3 days out from Go Live?
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:13 am

Again, I can’t thank you enough for doing this, Tony. This is huge.

I would like to hear more about the “credits” you mentioned. My biggest concern at this point is that you step down and this new application can’t be transferred to our BDBL server. If that happens, then we’re left in the same exact position we were when Greg stepped down.
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:15 am

I ain't going anywhere (willingly). But I do get it. For everyone who does want to know, this is an ASP.NET Core MVC site written in C# with a SQL backend. It can be run almost anywhere. Mike, shooting you a PM with a few questions about your server.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:14 am

Bug report: I just bid $10M on Scherzer, but all of the pages show his current bid as $0.
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Not sure what that is. I see an odd bid from North Carolina for $0M that could be messing things up. Other than that though it looks fine. I’ll look into it shortly
IanHartner
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby IanHartner » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:37 pm

So I tried to bid 1m on Scherzer because I had just tried to oubid Glander on degrom and spent all but 1m of what I had in my budget.

When I went to bid on Scherzer, the drop down didn't give me any options so I just hit the submit button and it came back and told me I had bid 1m.

Then I went back to the bid page and it said my bid was 0. Not sure what's going on there.

Using Firefox version 71
#LetsGoEat
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:53 pm

Thanks now I know what it is. The submit button should have been disabled because you couldn’t bid.

Will have that fixed tonight
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Ok, that should be fixed. It won't let press the Submit button if you can't make a bid now. Dumb on my part to not think of that, but all fixed now.

I did remove that 0 amount bid, because it was messing things up. Should not be possible going forward.
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Auction Site LIVE

Postby Badger » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:26 pm

All testing bids have been removed. If there are any stragglers, I do plan on deleting any bids before midnight in the morning. So please, DO NOT JUMP THE GUN!!!!!! I have a house full of people coming to ring in the new decade, and I can't do it at midnight.

Return to “League Announcements”