Postby Commish » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Badger, you’re the best!

Happy New Year to all.
Freedom
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Auction Site LIVE

Postby Freedom » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:53 pm

cowtippers wrote:Badger, you’re the best!

Happy New Year to all.

Ditto!
I love my wife
Niagara Locks
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Niagara Locks » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:16 am

Made my first bids.....awesome site, great work !!!
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:32 pm

I know it’s a little late for a bug report, but I have one anyway. If I want to increase my max bid for deGrom, I can’t right now. Because I own the winning bid, I can’t make any new bid on deGrom until I’m out-bid. That shouldn’t be the case.
Law Dogs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Law Dogs » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:39 pm

cowtippers wrote:I know it’s a little late for a bug report, but I have one anyway. If I want to increase my max bid for deGrom, I can’t right now. Because I own the winning bid, I can’t make any new bid on deGrom until I’m out-bid. That shouldn’t be the case.

I had no problem doing it with Scherzer. I bid $1.0. Then bid higher. It still shows my winning bid of $1.0, but if someone else bids it will up my total amount bid, up to my max that I bid.
Trust your coach. Trust your team. Trust yourself.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:47 pm

When I go to deGrom’s page, the bid amount is empty and the submit button is ghosted. I can’t bid any more than I already have.
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Hey all, fixed the bug that Mike reported. If anyone else has a problem with bidding, just PM me.
Law Dogs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Law Dogs » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:22 am

Not sure if my math is right, but does the auctions ends at 3am est? If they do that doesn't seem right. I also thought they were supposed to have daily staggered ending times for each player?

I absolutely love the new living bidding process. Great job Tony!
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:48 am

Yeah, the first lot should end on 1/3 -- not 1/4. Looks like the end time just needs to be adjusted.
Law Dogs
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Law Dogs » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:51 am

cowtippers wrote:Yeah, the first lot should end on 1/3 -- not 1/4. Looks like the end time just needs to be adjusted.

Are we doing the staggered ending times? I think that's important under the new bidding process? Can even be 5 or 10 minutes apart.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:23 am

My understanding is that Badger isn't able to do staggered times this year. Maybe next year.
Badger
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Badger » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:04 pm

The auction lots do expire at 10PM. What’s on the player page is a timezone problem I’ll solve tonight. If you look at the home page, you will see the lot expires at 10PM ET.

Staggering lots was not able to be done this year but can be for next year. It won’t be a problem to do for next year but I would argue it’s less important than it seems. It’s for all to see who is the top bid for a player leading up to 10PM. If you aren’t going to dislodge that person from the top spot, and there’s another player you want in that same lot, you can bid on that other player. You have the information right in front of you to make that decision. It’s not like in the past waiting until 10PM and not knowing if you should have bid on the other player.

But I do also understand the other side of wanting them staggered. Did we ever vote on that? It does seem like something that would be a league vote to decide.
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Like you said, I don't think it will matter much. I have no doubt whatsoever that a lot of people will be "sniping" every auction as they do on eBay, but you do so at your own risk.

One element that I will miss with live drafting is the ability to make bids on multiple players in the same lot during the final day of the auction. We can no longer do that, since your spending cap is set by the total number of currently winning bids. It simply calls for a change in strategy.
Jamboree
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Jamboree » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 pm

cowtippers wrote:Like you said, I don't think it will matter much. I have no doubt whatsoever that a lot of people will be "sniping" every auction as they do on eBay, but you do so at your own risk.

Yes, I am very curious to see how much MORE will be spent on guys that people just have to have.

cowtippers wrote:
One element that I will miss with live drafting is the ability to make bids on multiple players in the same lot during the final day of the auction. We can no longer do that, since your spending cap is set by the total number of currently winning bids. It simply calls for a change in strategy.

Also interesting -- so once you get outbid for one player, potentially, that frees up money to bid on another... So if you are outbid at 9:55pm, you could conceivably bid more on someone else at 9:56pm?
Commish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Commish » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Also interesting -- so once you get outbid for one player, potentially, that frees up money to bid on another... So if you are outbid at 9:55pm, you could conceivably bid more on someone else at 9:56pm?

Yep. For example, I placed a $5M bid on Canha. As soon as I was out-bid for him, that $5M instantly returned to my pool of available spending money.

Return to “League Announcements”