d-Day

Got any ideas?
Mitch_Gill
All-Star
All-Star

Re: d-Day

Postby Mitch_Gill » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:34 pm

cowtippers wrote:
2) Allow for real-time bidding (where bids are updated in real-time), and end all five auctions at precisely 10:00pm ET.

3) Allow for real-time bidding and stagger the five auctions. Maybe 9:00pm ET, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, and 11:00? That way, if there are two catchers in the same lot, and you lose the bid at 9:30, you can still have time to bid on the second one ending at 11:00.

I’m for options 2 or 3.

I also like Bobby’s idea. I agree with the idea behind if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But I also believe eBay was working just fine but I love Amazon. I think nobody wants to deal with the initial adjustment of change, and I totally understand that. But I also think Bobby’s idea would simplify things in the long haul once we got through being educated on how it works. And from my understanding of reading it, it’s not too much different structure wise from how salaries are handled now. And we can certainly implement rules like not trading in the first year. I’ve always been interested in having an option to pay salaries in ascending or descending order. (IE 100k , 1.1m, 2.1m, 3.1m, or pay 3.1m, then 2.1m, then 1.1m, then 100k) a lot of sports teams structure contracts in descending to pay off the expensive part of the deal upfront. I know this would complicate things. But would be cool to do and adds another strategic part to signing people.
Building for the future....Trust the Process
Ryche
All-Star
All-Star

Re: d-Day

Postby Ryche » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:26 pm

I like the idea. The thing is, we're mostly a bunch of old guys that hate change so it has slim to no chance of ever passing. :lol:

Return to “Suggestion Box”